Trek Activity
Ryan and I have been asked to be Ma & Pa for our stake trek. Our Trek is not until June 16-19
th up at Martins Cove. However, we have already had a few activities to make sure that the kids are really preparing themselves the way they should. We are really looking forward to this great opportunity that we have been given. There are a lot of requirements for everyone involved & I was not thrilled for all of the work, having said that, it always amazes me how the lord knows exactly what we need in our lives. I have grown so much closer to the lord and have a greater understanding and appreciation for the pioneers. What are great experience this has already been and I am sure even greater things are in store with our trek involvement. Last night was a steak trek activity and everyone had to dress up in all of there trek clothing...

Paige and I...I did a LOT of sewing for this evening...I made 8 skirts 3 aprons, a million bonnets and hemmed a few pairs of pants for this activity. In the process I could not resist making Paige her own little bonnet for this activity...Everyone LOVE it. I mean look at her, how could you not? this is not my trek outfit...I have been so busy sewing for everyone else mine had to wait.

Emma,
Sheynia, Sara, and Joel...Sara & Joel are the other Ma & Pa in our ward. WE have become good friends throughout this process. it is a lot more fun planning and getting ready for trek when you have good friends to do it with... I made the middle 2 girls clothing...I LOVE
Sara's apron...I secretly wanted to keep it...
hehe
Kiana,
LaCrissa, and Ashleigh. I made Ashleigh's clothes...

Paige & Daddy

We got to play pioneer games, this is Jillian in the potato sack race.

Ryan & Jordan playing musical chairs

One of the great thing about Trek is that
Cassidy & Torrie are in our steak & were also called to be a Ma & Pa. They are even in the same group as us...so hopefully we will get to see them quite a bit during this event

Sorry
Cassidy...I could not resist...This is typical
Cassidy...REALLY involved and loving EVERY minute of it! This was during the square dancing. He is a natural!
So so cute..I love Paige's bonnet. I need your pattern so i can try to make one for Brynley. I think it would be perfect for summer.
ReplyDeleteI would also LOVE to be a ma & pa for TREK.. What an amazing experience it will be for you.
ReplyDelete