Sunday, August 2, 2009

Tender Moments!











As you can read from my previous post Paige was born on Tuesday July 28, 2009. everything with the delivery went really well. Everything went according to plan. We were scheduled to go home on Thursday morning...when I came down with a kidney infection. So when the Doctor came in the room on Friday morning we were praying that He would release us. He did....however since we stayed an extra night Paige had lost over 10% of her weight. She was born at 7lbs 2oz. and her release weight was 6lbs. 5oz. So we had to go to the Pediatrician the next day (Saturday)to make sure she was maintaining weight. Also her biliruben scores (the score that tests for Jaundice) increased as well so on Sunday we had to go down to Utah Valley Regional Medical Center to retest for it. Well she was not...Saturday she was down to 6 lbs 2oz. She had lost a pound in 4 days. I just cried!!! That is such a hard thing to hear as a mom. Sunday she tested 18 on her billiruben score. That is really high. So tomorrow I get to take her to the pediatrician for another weight check and a jaundice test! Poor thing!!!!! Okay enough ranting...I love being a mom. My precious Paige is wonderful. I love to dress her up! I love to hold her, I love to look at her, to feed her, just everything. Here are some Pictures that we have taken this week! I hope to take some real pics this week. Hopefully more of her clothes will fit her, not even the newborn size fit her. She is so little, but long!

6 comments:

  1. I am SO sorry to hear about the weight stuff. We will keep you guys in our prayers. I know that that stuff can be scary...she will be just fine! Keep us posted...she is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tiff she is just beautiful! We will keep you in our prayers! I am glad everything went well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tiff she is adorable! I am so happy for you guys , congrats! We need to catch up! btw this is Rachael Hudson jrachjoshty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. She is so beautiful! Everyone looks so good. I can't wait to see her, do I get to see her? I hope so...she wont' remember any of it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So adorable! Her clothes are cute too! Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am SO in love with her...still. That picture of her and Rusty kills me...LOVE IT!! She looks so much like you, i makes me smile! XOXO

    ReplyDelete